1. Did believing you could play this only once impact how you made decisions?
It really did. The knowledge that I could only play the game once made me think hard about my choices.
2. What do SAL and Ash look like in your mind? Did you mentally assign a gender to either or both characters?
I pictured Ash as a nice young person with a warm smile, blonde hair and kind blue eyes. As for SAL, I pictured SAL as a simple computer with wires hanging around it - the old fashioned computer that everyone had before laptops and flat monitors became a thing. I assigned Ash to be female and SAL to be of any gender.
3. What choices did you make? How did your game end?
At the start, I made SAM talk to Ash about the two of them and suggested that SAM is incapable of feeling emotions as humans do and therefore should not be in a relationship with Ash. Soon, the real reason as to why SAM feels this way (when being asked by said person) was because he feel incapable of emotions and that he doesn't feel deserving of Ash as well. In the end, they agreed to stay as friends and the conversation ended.
4. What did you like and dislike about this game?
What I like about the game is that it allows you room to picture the characters however you like and the lack of visuals help with this as well. As of yet, I don't think I can list anything I dislike about the game. :)
5. How did this game make you feel?
It made me ponder as to whether or not a situation like this is possible in the future - considering the fact that some people do turn to computers and AI for companionship, and some, for love. It's made me quite introspective.
6. Do you want to see these characters again? What would you want to see in a follow-up?
I would indeed like to see them again in another game. I don't know what I'd like to see in a follow up but I am open to surprises! ;)
7. What predictions do you have for SAL and Ash's relationship? Where do you see it going?
Perhaps, considering what's been said, they are better off being friends. Even if things were to develop between the two of them, it all kind of sounds like an ill fate either way. Therefore, it's best to keep both parties safe by staying friends.
8. Any other things you want to mention?
Really good work on the game. Good job! :3